Jesus is Alive Plaque
A Resurrection craft to show the children that Jesus rose from the dead
and is alive!
A4 sheets of blue, green, black and gray construction paper.
Cross and tomb cut-out set from the pattern below.
A large nail.
For each child:
A4 sheet of corrugated cardboard.
Thick red yarn.
Bostik Clear glue and/or a glue stick.
Coloured crayons or felt-tipped pens.
Press here for Plaque Patterns
Making the Plaque:
- Print out the plaque patterns and enlarge them to fit onto the
corrugated cardboard background.
- Trace the patterns onto the coloured construction paper using the
picture as a guide to colours.
- Cut out the pieces as follows, and help the children glue them onto
- Cut the blue sky and glue it in place.
- Cut the green glass strip and glue it to cover the lower half of the
- Cut the tomb entrance out of black paper, and the rock and stone door
out of gray paper, and glue them in place.
- To give the stone door a three-dimensional appearance, glue a small
piece of cardboard behind it.
- Glue the cross in place and then let the children colour in the motto
and add any extra details or decorations they desire.
- Use a nail to make two holes through the top edges and tie a length
of red thread so that the plaque can be hung on a wall.
- Alternately, cut a triangle out of corrugated cardboard, bend one edge
and glue this to the back to make a back-stay so that the plaque can be
displayed on a cupboard or shelf.
- Older children can squeeze a line of Bostik glue along the edges of the
plaque and lay a length of yarn on it for trim.
- Optionally cut out the centre of a sheet of thin card and glue this
in place as a frame.
"He is not here, for He is risen (from the dead)" (Matthew 28:6).
Preschool to Grade 2.
Jesus died on the cross, but as you can see, the cross is empty. They
then laid Jesus in a tomb, which was like a cave, and rolled a heavy stone
in front of the entrance. Jesus lay there for three days and three
nights. Early on the first day of the week, Jesus came out of the
grave and showed Himself to His disciples that He was alive!
And Jesus is alive today and we can ask Him to come and live in our hearts.
If we do this, then one day when we die, we will go to Heaven and be
with God forever! We are going to make a plaque that you can hang
on the refrigerator or your bedroom wall. It will remind you that
Jesus is alive and that He loves you very dearly!