Saying thanks to God.
"We give thanks to God" (Colossians 1:3).
Plastic pots of diluted finger paints.
A4 sheet of paper for each child.
Plastic table covers.
Water and washing cloths.
Preschool to Grade 2.
God looks after us and gives us many good things, such as the sunshine,
the rain, the flowers and the trees. We need to be thankful for
all of these good things, and so we are going to make "Thank-you"
paintings. But, before we do that, I want you to say our memory
verse with me:
"We give thanks to God."
What do you think we can we say thanks to God for today? (Let
the children respond
). I think you are ready to make some
lovely "Thank-you" paintings! Shall we start?
- Make sure each child's clothes are protected with a smock.
- Give each child a sheet of A4 paper.
- Let the children to dip their forefingers into the paints
and draw things for which they are thankful for.
- Set the sheets aside and when they are dry, pin them around the
walls of the class and then say, "See how many things we can
thank God for!"
- Alternately, place a thin layer of paint in a flat dish and let
the children dip their hands into the paint and make hand-print
patterns on their sheet of paper.
- Wash the children's hands thoroughly and clean-up all paint
spills and utensils used.
You have painted many things that we can say "Thanks to God" for.
We can say thanks for Mommy and Daddy, for your house, for food and
clothes, for the sun and the sky, for the birds and animals, and that
God made you! Let's say our thank-you again with our eyes closed:
"We give thanks to God".