In Touch with God
"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)
What is Prayer?
Prayer is your direct line to Heaven that allows you to talk to God. Prayer
is having a conversation with God about anything, everything, anytime, and
anywhere! To many people, prayer seems complicated, but it is simply talking
to God. Many people are afraid to pray, although they would like to,
because they don't know how to, or what to say. But, praying is like
talking to your best friend, since it's easy to talk to someone when you know
they love you.
Modern Cell phones have become a necessity to many people in today's world.
There are bluetooth devices, blackberries and talking computers that
allow communication between two people to interact, discuss, and respond to
one another. In the same way, God wants you to communicate with Him
like a personal phone call to your best friend.
What Prevents You from Praying?:
Think about your life and whether any of the following hinderances are
stopping you from praying:
- Sin (Psalm 66:18, "If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would
not have listened to me").
- An unforgiving spirit (Mark 11:25, "And when you stand praying, if you
hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven
may forgive you your sins").
- You have unanswered prayers, and then the devil discourages you from
- Lack of discipline, laziness, noise or distractions.
- You don't see prayer as important.
- You are not sure what to say.
Does God Care?
Remember, God loves you with an everlasting love, and draws you to Himself
with loving kindness (Jeremiah 31:3). God will always care for you.
Romans 8:26-27 tells us that:
"We do not know what we ought to pray for,
but the Spirit Himself
intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.
And He who
searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit,
because the Spirit
intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."
Does God Answer?
Yes, God does answer your prayers. He always listens to what you pray.
Tell God your needs and give Him all your worries and cares.
In Jeremiah 33:3, God said:
"Call to Me and I will answer you."
How does God answer your prayers? God is sovereign and you need to bow
to His wisdom in answering your prayers. God could answer in many ways
- "No, you do not need it."
- "Not now," it's not the right time so wait patiently and expectantly.
- "Not that way," God has another plan for your life and request.
- "Yes," and God will answer your prayer and grant your request.
What can You Pray About?
Here are five areas that you can pray about.
- Look Up! and Worship God and thank Him for who He is.
- Look In! and Confess every sin and ask God for His
- Look Around! and Intercede and pray for your family, friends,
church, teachers, and those who rule over us. Also pray for the
- Look Forward! and Request whatever you need, such as
strength, peace, love, etc.
- Look Back! and give Thanks for your life, for Christ who saved
you, for what God is doing in your life, and for answering your prayers.
It's also good to find a prayer partner that you can meet with regularly, to
pray for each other and for the various prayer requests. In
Matthew 18:19-20, Jesus said:
"If two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for,
it will be done
for you by my Father in Heaven.
For where two or three come together in
My Name, there am I with them."
These verses means that if two of you meet together, then Jesus is right there
in the room with you! And, if the two of you agree on what you pray
about, then Jesus assures you that God will answer your prayer!
Copyright © Sharon Ministries