What Can I Lay Down?
Think of the love that kept Jesus nailed to the Cross, so that He could
pay the penalty for our sins and rise from the dead to be our Saviour.
We cannot understand such love, but we can say with Paul in
"We have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we
cry out, 'Abba, Father!'
The Spirit Himself bears witness with
our spirit, that we are children of God."
We need to show our love to God and to our Saviour, Jesus Christ.
Jesus laid down His life for our Salvation. In return we can
lay down and dedicate seven parts of our life and body in service to
- My life - laid down for Jesus.
- My strength - given over to Jesus.
- My ears - hearing only what God has to say.
- My voice - praising and worshipping Jesus.
- My hands - ministering blessing to others.
- My feet - spreading the Gospel to the world.
- My will - working only the will of God.
Think about these things and allow the Holy Spirit to minister healing,
revival, life and joy into your soul. Then worship Jesus and
allow all your love and praise to flow out and reach up to our
gentle and loving Saviour.
Back to Encouraging Devotion Index
Back to TeenTrail