Man and Sin
We are all sinners and are saved only by God's grace and mercy in sending Jesus
to earth to die for us.
For each young person:
A printed copy of the Study Sheet below.
Bibles or printed out copies of the Scripture verses.
Pens or pencils.
Click here for the Study Sheet
Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death,
but the gift of God is eternal
life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Knowing about God helps us clarify the facts of our faith and the new life that
Christ offers. This study will help answer teens' doubts and questions
about God and sin, and being a Christian.
Facts about God:
Divide the group into teams of three to five, and get them to study the
Scriptures below and complete their Study Sheets. A representative from
each team should report back their findings. Possible answers are
included for each question below.
- In Genesis 1:27-30, how did God create man? - (In His own image).
- In Genesis 2:16-17 and 3:6 what did God allow Adam and Eve? - (Freedom of
- What did they do about this? - (They chose to disobey God).
- Adam and Eve sinned against God, but does this apply to us today?
(see Romans 5:12 and Psalm 51:5) - (Yes, we have all inherited the sinful
nature started in Adam and Eve).
- What do Romans 3:23 and Isaiah 53:6 say about sin in the world today? -
(We have all sinned).
- Write a definition of sin based on Mark 7:20-23, James 4:17, 1 John 3:4
and John 3:36 - (Sin is disobeying God, unbelief, not believing in Jesus,
wrong words, thoughts and actions).
- What then is the only result of all man's wrongdoing? (see Romans 6:23)
- (Death - both physical and spiritual, eternal separation from God).
- Can man himself correct this bad situation? (see Isaiah 64:5-6) - (No,
we cannot please God or earn our salvation by trying to be good).
- If not, can you suggest any other remedy? (see Isaiah 53:1-10) - (God
showed us grace (unmerited favour) and mercy by sending Jesus to earth to
die for us).
The leader should discuss and summarise the findings and draw out conclusions
of what was learnt about man and sin from the Bible, and how the teens should
respond to this. Close with a prayer of commitment and action by each
Copyright © Sharon Ministries
Back to Growing Index
Back to TeenTrail