Who is God?
Some of the things that the Bible teaches us about God.
For each young person:
A printed copy of the Study Sheet below.
Bibles or printed out copies of the verses below.
Pens or pencils.
Click here for the Study Sheet
John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son,
that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Knowing about God helps us clarify the facts of our faith and the new life that
Christ offers. This study will help answer teens' doubts and questions
about God and being a Christian.
Facts about God:
Divide the group into teams of three to five, and get them to study the
Scriptures below and complete their Study Sheets. A representative from
each team should report back their findings. Possible answers are
included for each question below.
- In Nehemiah 9:6 what does it say God has done? .... (Created all things).
- What should our attitude to God be? .... (Humble, respectful, trusting).
- How is God different from all other beings?
From Psalm 139:7-12 .... (God is omnipresent [everywhere at once]).
From Job 42:1-2 .... (God is omnipotent [all-powerful]).
From Psalm 139:1-6 .... (God is omniscient [knows everything]).
From Malachi 3:6 .... (God is eternal and unchanging).
- What should our relationship with God be? .... (Praise, worship, adoration).
The leader should discuss and summarise the findings and draw out conclusions
of what was learnt about God from the Bible, and how the teens should respond
to this. Close with a prayer of commitment and action by each person.
For Further Study:
- Read Psalm 103:1-22, and list some of the qualities of God's character.
- Which of these qualities is God working on in your life?