An ice-breaker and team-building game.
Print out copies of the Scavenger Clue sheet for each team.
Pens or pencils.
Grades 3 - 8 (9 to 14 years).
Playing the Game:
Divide the children into small teams of 2 to 5 children. Give each
team a copy of the clue-sheet below and a pen or pencil. On your
signal, the teams race out to solve the clues and find the objects in
your church grounds, nearby park or camp grounds. Ensure that
the teams stay together as a group otherwise they will be disqualified.
The first team to return with all the correct items are the
Press for the Scavenger Clue Sheet
- Humans don't, but cows eat this ( Grass ).
- Long and sharp on certain trees ( Pine Needles ).
- Pens love this ( Paper ).
- Out of these come new life ( Seeds ).
- ( Water ), ( Water ) everywhere and not a drop to drink!
- Worms love this ( Earth ).
- Noah's Ark was made of this ( Wood ).
- Bees can always find them ( Flowers ).
- Green in summer and brown in winter ( Leaves ).
- Decorations on Pine Trees ( Pine Cones ).
- Volkswagen also used to make them ( Beetles ).
- They fly and also float down to earth ( Feathers ).
- Warm especially in winter but always smelly! ( Socks ).
- Too thin to support a tree house ( Twig or a Branch ).
- Ducks love to eat this ( Bread ).
- ( Sticks ) and ( Stones ) will break my bones!
- They can draw blood ( Thorns ).
- Wear it and named after a type of cow ( Jersey ).
- Your feet also have them ( Shoes ).
- Very special to Jesus ( Children ).
Back to Games and Competitions Index
Back to Bibleland