White as Snow
Here's a plaque craft that shows how Jesus forgives our sins, changes us, and
makes us clean and pure inside like snow.
A4 sheets of white paper.
Printed out copies of the craft patterns below.
For each child:
A4 sheet of corrugated cardboard.
A sheet of A4 white, light blue and red construction paper.
Bostik clear glue and/or Glue stick.
Coloured felt-tipped pens or crayons.
Making the Plaque:
- Prepare copies of the Plaque Text on sheets of A4 light blue construction
- Lightly glue this onto an A4 corrugated cardboard backing piece and add a
20mm wide frame made from cutting out the centre of an A4 sheet of red
- Cut a circle of white paper about 150mm diameter (see the Snowflake Making
- Fold in this in half (Fold 1), and then fold this into three even sections
(Folds 2 and 3).
- The children can then cut out their own snowflake designs or follow the
- They then need to open their snowflake and lightly glue it underneath the
- They can then colour the text and add any extra details or decorations
- Tie a length of thread to two holes on the top edges or cut a triangle of
corrugated cardboard, bend one edge and glue this to the back to make a stay.
The Bible says that we all have sinned and come short of God's glory (Romans
3:23). This means that we can never measure up to God's standard and
the penalty for our sin is eternal separation from God (Romans 6:23).
However, this verse also assures us that there is forgiveness for our sins and
that God promises to give us eternal life. We can have this if we
accept Jesus as our Saviour and ask Him to forgive all the sins and wrong
things we have done.
It does not matter how bad we have been because Isaiah 1:18 says, "Though
your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow." This means
that Jesus will live in our heart and change us into one of God's children
and make us into a new creation. He will change our desires so that
we will want to love and serve God with all our hearts.
Keep your plaque on a shelf or cupboard and hang it onto you bedroom wall to
remind you each day that God has forgiven your sins, and now you are one of
His beloved children!
Copyright © Sharon Children's Ministries
Back to Kids Craft Index
Back to Bibleland